This is the privacy statement of Gene Café (Southern Africa) a subsidiary of Laroussco Trading (Pty) Ltd (“GeneCafe ZA”).
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time and publish the amended version here.
Our privacy statement applies to GeneCafe ZA’s processing of personal information from our website, email, and social media (“Sites”). We use social plugins of social networks such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
We take the privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously and will only process your personal information in accordance with the current South African data privacy laws and the terms of this Privacy Statement. Accordingly, the relevant data privacy principles relating to the processing thereof (including, but not limited to, the collection, handling, transfer, sharing, correction, storage, archiving and deletion) will be applied to any personal information provided by you and/or collected during your visit to our Sites.
Your personal information will only be processed for purposes of the first point of contact or if you have requested us to do so or consented thereto by completing the relevant communication consent on the various services offered by us.
We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including:
- providing you with product-related services that you have requested
- to help us identify you when you contact us;
- for general administration purposes;
- for legal or contractual purposes;
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services;
- to help us recover debts;
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling; and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services
We will not share your information to organisations outside of Laroussco Trading (Pty) Ltd, unless:
- we are obliged to provide such information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- we are required to do so for purposes of existing or future legal proceedings,
we are selling one or more of our businesses to someone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you;
- we are involved in the prevention of fraud, loss, bribery or corruption;
- they perform services and process personal information on our behalf;
- this is required in order to provide or manage any information, products and/or services to you; or
- needed to help us improve the quality of our products and services
We will send you notifications or communications in the event that we are obliged by law or in terms of our contractual relationship with you.
We will only disclose your personal information to government authorities if we are required to do so by law.
We strive to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your personal information at all times. You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
If your personal information changes at any time or our records appear to be incorrect, please inform us immediately in order that we may update or correct our records accordingly.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you.
We continuously implement technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we hold against unauthorised access as well as accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction.
If you are under 18 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training and quality assessment purposes.
We endeavour to keep our website secure at all times, however, advise you that we cannot guarantee the security of any information provided to us or by us through our website, e-mail, internet or social media. We cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Please note that we have no influence on or control over the extent of the data retrieved by the social networks’ interfaces and we can accordingly not be held responsible or liable for any processing or use of personal information transmitted via these social plugins. For information on purpose and extent of the data retrieval by the social network concerned, and about the rights and settings possibilities for the protection of your private sphere, please refer to the data protection information provided by the social network in question.