Shipping is the cost of moving your order to a delivery address of your choice.
Complete your order with the most appropriate shipping option and cost. Calculating shipping is by the product’s dimensions, weight, and address.
This web site connects to the shipping company to the order. Therefore, retrieves the cost of your delivery. A service provider performs the delivery. e.g. a Courier Company.
NOTE: Choosing the default (flat-rate) shipping option simply applies a blanket-cost estimate and bears not dynamic results from an actual calculation.
On the checkout page, two address types are presented. The Billing Address and an optional Delivery Address.
Toggle the check-box is toggled to deactivate the Delivery Address (to be the same as the Billing Address ) so that this singular address functions as the only address for you.
The shipping service provider, e.g. The Courier Guy provides the service. That is why their service makes an Internet call when
- Suburb field (A) of the Delivery Address is completed
- Address field (C) with the package dimensions and weight, the address
NOTE: Only one address links its Suburb field to the shipping company. By default, it is the Delivery Address, unless you opted to deselect the check-box (B). Then the Billing Address becomes both Billing and Shipping in the context.
The shipping options, depicted in field (C) on the picture below, provide several options that may be chosen:
- Choose the most appropriate one, based on your shipping requirements, as the corresponding radio-button
Consequently, shipping is done by the courier in accordance with their service levels.
- A waybill number is used to track the parcel
- The Courier Guy provides a tracking service, Track and Trace
By default, parcels are not insured and liability transfers to the buyer once the parcel is handed over to the shipping service provider.
- Insurance is optional but has to be arranged and paid for in addition to the quoted shipping cost.